Monday, December 10, 2007

Cookies, Gumdrops, and Togetherness

Ice kept us indoors yesterday. We had fun family time making monster cookies,decorating our gumdrop tree, and spending time together as a family. We listened to Christmas music, sat by the fire, and drank our coffee. I love days like this.
We made over 80 monster cookies. I hope they last awhile but for some reason they are quickly disappearing. :)
Our finished tree. Landon, of course, wanted to eat those pretty ornaments. :)
When it was time to scrape the ice off the truck, Landon wanted to watch. Here he is afterwards inside with his hat on. He did not want to take it off.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Sounds like a wonderful fun day!!

Landon looks so cute and Elle is growing up too fast!!

Thanks for sharing. Love you!

Sara

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the Ice Storm as I sit in 80 degree weather today:):) That did look so fun! Makes me miss ya! I am dying for one of those cookies. Don't know if you will get Kailie today??? Have a great week! Love ya- Jess

P.S. Finally made it here. Barely!! We almost missed our flight to tampa. The Pilot was right behind us as we enterd the plane and thank the good Lord we got our luggage. I thought for sure we wouldn't. I was so thankful... I wouldn't want to be by the pool in a nice big sweater. We saw a beautiful sunset this morning. Let the fun begin:) Sorry I won't brag anymore:):)Love you!

Anonymous said...

oh...they're so cute, I think you might be getting more ice coming your way because we just got hit by a HUGE ice storm last night! I totally agree though that is so much fun to be stranded at home with the family! We've been wrapping presents and listening to christmas music, and eating way too many cookies! what a nice break from the craziness this time of year!

Marla H. said...

How fun!!! The pics are great!

Amber said...

i LOVE monster cookies.

Mindy said...

Those monster cookies look SOOOO good! Do you have any extra you want to send my way?!?!

Jessica said...

Those cookies look yummers! And I love that last pic of Landon...too cute! I just ordered a gumdrop tree a few days ago! I have been wanting one for several years but kept forgetting to order it! They are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I think Elle is starting to get chubby :) They are both so cute!
Love ya!
April

Mindy said...

Seriously...I've got to stop checking your blog because everytime I see the picture of the monster cookies it makes me hungry!